cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbnail photos not showing in Dropbox

Thumbnail photos not showing in Dropbox

mark killeen
Explorer | Level 4

Hi...In my local files, dropbox is not showing any thumnail photos...only the .jpg icon. this is umbelievable frustrating to try and determine which photo is which. Any fix please?????

19 Replies 19

Re: Thumbnail photos not showing in Dropbox

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @mark killeen, thanks for posting today!

I understand your frustration over this matter. Which OS and version are you running?

Are you on a paid plan with Smart Sync? Are these files marked as local or online-only on your machine?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mark killeen
Explorer | Level 4

I am on Windows 10. i am on a paid plan with smart sync,

Jay
Dropboxer

The images that don't have thumbnails, are they marked as local or online-only for the Smart Sync setting in the Dropbox folder

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Gilbert_Creative
Explorer | Level 4

I am having this problem as well, with a paid subscription. For me, the problems are occurring with files stored locally. Please fix this. It's very frustrating.

Dropbox-Thumbnails.png

Ilan_alter
New member | Level 2

Thumbnail photos

- Are showing on my PC

- Are not showing in Dropbox

I pay Dropbox and the pictures and synchronized - Some appearCapture.JPG and som not

tswhitty
New member | Level 2

This is happening for me, as well! I would appreciate some sort of quick resolution, since I do need to be able to refer to the thumbnails in my work.

Megan
Dropboxer
Hey everyone, and happy Monday!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Currently, you can right-click on the file and select 'online-only' to see the thumbnails or file preview.

This issue with thumbnails and file previews not appearing on local files is on our engineers' radar to work on.

A resolution for this issue may come at a later date, but I don’t have a timeline right now.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Andy M.16
New member | Level 2

Even when on line the thumbnails are not showing and when I click on the thumbnail I get the error message ".jpg files are supported but something went wrong."

I have thousands of photos to sort in Dropbox, but this is not a realistic possiblity without thumbnails working.

Please provide a date for this to be sorted, even an estimate would be useful to make a decision whether to continue to subscribe to Dropbox or to find an alternative.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Andy M.16, how large are the jpg images you're trying to preview on the site?

Are they greater than the file sizes shown in this article?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MrMars Explorer | Level 3
    foo_bar New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropboxer
    ClareinPreskitt Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?