cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Thumbnails are missing, cannot preview images.

Collaborator | Level 9
I tried that . Nothing changed. I set preferences in Adobe Reader to show thumbnails and now I see all thumbnails (pdfs, but also pngs etc) in explorer, but not in Dropbox folder
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for your update @zonaarchi!

Could you let me know which version of the desktop app you have installed?

Also, if you have more than one computer with the desktop app installed, do you see the same issue across all devices?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 9

90.4.307, I see the same issue across all windows PCs I have. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the info @zonaarchi!

I've sent a message to the email linked with your profile here, through our Support channel.

If you'd like to do a bit more investigating with me there, please check your inbox when you have the time and we can take it from there.

Cheers!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I also have this issue since using Windows 10. I DO NOT have this issue with m Google Drive icons though.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Melanija, thanks for joining us here!

Just to check on a few points, can you let me know if you are having an issue only with local files? If you have Smart Sync for your account, do "online only" files show thumbnails correctly?

Also, can you let me know which version of the desktop app you have installed? Our latest stable build is 90.4. 

Let me know what you find!

Daphne

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I do not use the desktop app as it was too buggy. I use Windows File Explorer. I do not use Smart Sync (nor want to).

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the update @Melanija!

For your files to be synced with your account, the desktop app needs to be running. It sounds like you're referring to the new additional interface, which you don't need to use as you can indeed access the Dropbox folder through the File Explorer.

In your system tray, you should see the Dropbox icon if the app is running on your computer. If you see it there, please hover your cursor over the icon to find the version.

Also, can you try the steps mentioned here to see if that helps at all with the icons? If you're still having issues after this, please send a screenshot of what you're seeing.

Thanks!

Daphne

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I work on a laptop with limited ssd space so have online only going. i need to view thumbnails for my work with clients on site so not having them available is a major problem. I have tried all solutions mentioned in this thread and nothing works.

moving a file from dropbox into a normal, non dropbox, folder immedaitely shows the preview of the file.

Please help!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @benjamin66, thanks for joining us here!

Can you please try uninstalling the desktop app and then downloading and reinstalling the latest stable version from here?

This won't affect the files within the Dropbox folder as you don't need to delete this during the process. After reinstalling, the app will just reindex the files, not sync them.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?