cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transfer ownership of dropbox paper doc

Transfer ownership of dropbox paper doc

asmiths
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there! 

I need to transfer ownership of a paper doc. The only options dropbox is giving me when I attempt to share is 'Can Edit', 'Can Comment' or 'Remove'. I used to have a Plus account and downgraded to Basic as I no longer need to access these documents. How can I transfer ownership to a Plus user without upgrading myself? 

Thank you for your help!

3 Replies 3

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @asmiths, thanks for posting your question here. 

Generally, the ability to transfer ownership of a Paper doc is available to Dropbox Business team members. 

However, could you let me know if you get the option to create a Paper doc if you click on Create and hover over Document under your Files tab online?

Let me know and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

asmiths
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Lusil - thank you kindly for your prompt reply. I've attached a screenshot of what my options look like. I do not have to click on Create and hover for these options to appear, they are embedded in my Dropbox page as is. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 7.52.59 PM.png

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for checking that out. 

I'm afraid in this case, you won't be able to transfer ownership of a Paper doc to another user in one go. 

However, you can ask the other user to copy-paste the contents or parts of the existing Paper docs in a new copy that they are the owner of. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Need more support?