cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer ownership of personal account to another user

Transfer ownership of personal account to another user

mgray87
New member | Level 2

My architect loaded (A LOT OF) his files onto my personal Dropbox. Now, instead of having to transfer them all over to his own account, he wants me to transfer ownership of the account to him. He's now purchased a business account. I have no problem transferring the account to him, but at some point, I'll want to use my personal Dropbox again.

Is there a way to just transfer my personal Dropbox to his business account and still have my own independent Dropbox?

Thanks for any replies.

1 Reply 1

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @mgray87, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Perhaps the best method would be to put all the content in one folder and share the folder with them. Once you've shared it, you can transfer the ownership of the shared folder to them.

If you're not familiar with this, you can check out how to share a folder from here and how to transfer ownership of a shared folder from here

This will essentially give them the files while still keeping your account for yourself.

Also, if you no longer need the files in your account after sharing them, you can either remove the folder from your account or the owner can unshare the folder.

I hope this info helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?