cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer takes MUCH longer than products like wetransfer. Would love to see an improvement on this.

Transfer takes MUCH longer than products like wetransfer. Would love to see an improvement on this.

mattdeanfilms
Helpful | Level 5

I use dropbox for storage and transfering large files to other dropbox users, however, I'm foced to use services like wetransfer when it comes to sending files to customers outside of the dropbox community. I've tried multiple times to use the dropbox TRANSFER function, but it horrifically slow in comparison to other services. I have fiber with 1000 upload and download, and my mac and PC system is directly connected (not wifi). (Net speeds are usually around 700-800 upload)

I would love to see this service improve in ease of use and speed. Thanks for any updates on this.

Matt

5 Replies 5

Re: Transfer takes MUCH longer than products like wetransfer. Would love to see an improvement on...

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey there @mattdeanfilms, thanks for checking in with us. 

Could you clarify exactly at which point you're experiencing slow connection speeds?

Is it when the receivers try to preview the transfer by any chance? 

Let me know and we'll take it from there, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Transfer takes MUCH longer than products like wetransfer. Would love to see an improvement on...

mattdeanfilms
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks for responding.

When I open transfers, it's in a web browser, like firefox. The slow speeds happen when I drop the file into the provided space and it starts to upload. It begins very very slowly - then picks up for a little while, but then at the end it seems to hang up at 99% for quite some time. I've tried dropping the same file into wetransfer at the same time in the same browser and we transfer is finished in 1/3rd the time or less. My upload time driectly to dropbox is MUCH faster than the transfer function, but when I share a file, people cant always understnad how to download, which is where I was hoping your new transfer service would help.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Does this happen regardless of the browser that you use to upload items to?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mattdeanfilms
Helpful | Level 5

I don't remember if I tried using another browser - like Safari, only that I used wetransfer and dropbox transfer from the same browser at the same time with vastly different results. I can try another browser next time.

Lusil
Dropboxer
No worries, @mattdeanfilms

Give it a try and let me know how it goes, thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?