cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Transferring files from toshare cloud to Dropbox

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi… I am having a HUGH problem. I have to move all med graphic files in 2 days and have been recommended Dropbox. BUT i am not impressed… I have to move the files from toshare cloud to dropbox and It will nokt let me move all the folders WITH SUBfolders. I really need help NOW before it is to late. //Mette

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Transfering files from toshare

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @mettedevoss! Thanks for reaching out. I got you! 

There must be an issue with moving the folders+ subfolders out of the third party cloud interface, if I understand correctly. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

If I am right, please provide a screenshot of the error you are getting when trying to perform  this movement and then try moving the files from the other cloud to your computers desktop first and then drop them to Dropbox. 

This should work, as Dropbox has no issue synchronizing a folder with subfolders. 

Dropbox will sync almost anything you drop into it!  

Let me know how this goes! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi. You understand correctly. I am now trying to download from third part to my desktop, but it is over 200 GB, so it will take a while. I will come back to you. But am I correct, that you cannot move files from thirdcloud directly to dropbox? It will make some issues?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Assuming that the files you have in the third party service are already saved fully on your desktop, moving them from one local app folder to the Dropbox local folder shouldn't be an issue. 

If these files have other syncing properties in this third party cloud and they are not fully synced in your computer, you would get an error stating you can't move them. 

If I see the error, I will be able to explain this better. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?