cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfers between computers

Transfers between computers

alj1874
Explorer | Level 3

I want to transfer data from one computer to another using Dropbox which is installed on both computers. How do I do that

8 Replies 8

Re: Transfers between computers

Lori
Dropboxer

Hi @alj1874, thanks for posting to our Community! 

If you have the Dropbox desktop application installed on both devices, all you'd need to do would be to add the content inside your Dropbox folder. 

When you do this, the material from your device syncs to your website, and then to your second device.

I hope this helps.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

alj1874
Explorer | Level 3

I must be doing something wrong. How do I get my quicken data inside my first dropbox folder?

Joe Davidson

How to move quicken data to dropbox

alj1874
Explorer | Level 3

I have dropbox on 2 computers and quicken data on one. I am having difficulty moving the quicken data into my dropbox folder.

Joe Davidson 

[removed per the Community's Guidelines]

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @alj1874, are the folders used for Quicken located outside of your Dropbox folder on one machine?

Do you need to move the folder manually or automatically using Quicken itself so it appears in the Dropbox folder?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

alj1874
Explorer | Level 3

The quicken folders are outside the dropbox folder and I believe I need to do this manually.

Joe Davidson

Jay
Dropboxer
You can drag and drop them into the Dropbox folder. However, I'm not sure how this would affect the Quicken app if it's expecting the files in the previous folder.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

alj1874
Explorer | Level 3

My quicken files are in my drobox on my 1st computer. How do I get them to sync so that they are in the dropbox on the second computer?

Joe Davidson

Jay
Dropboxer
If the files are in the Dropbox folder on the first computer, then assuming the Dropbox desktop application is running and syncing, then the files should sync to the site.

Do the files have any green tick icons on them, or other icons?

From there they'll sync to the second computer, again, assuming the desktop app is installed and running there.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    alj1874 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?