cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Epson Connect

Trouble with Epson Connect

rsr0813
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Using Epson WF-7710 and Trying to Scan to Cloud to Dropbox Folder

Getting Error: Error(Access Denied)

Followed by an email with the following message:

Your scan data was received, but not transferred to Dropbox.

Product name: WF-7710
Display name: Dropbox Documents
Destination: Dropbox : /090 My Scans/2020 Scans
Received Date/Time: 08/07/2020 09:55:39 PDT

CAUSE:
Epson Connect cannot access your Dropbox folder.

SOLUTION:
1. Sign in to https://www.epsonconnect.com/user/ ,  and then edit the destination.
2. Sign in to Dropbox and allow Epson Connect to access your online folder.

Where can I tell Dropbox to allow Epson Connect to acces my folders?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rsr0813
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Solved the issue.

Disconnected the App from DropBox and set it up again in EpsonConnect. It worked

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

rsr0813
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Solved the issue.

Disconnected the App from DropBox and set it up again in EpsonConnect. It worked

budb4u
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I having the same issue.  It was working fine and now stopped for some reason.  Can you go into exact details as to what you did?  I tried but no luck to reset.

Sammy64
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I set up a new folder in Dropbox -- then in Epson Connect i set this folder as the destination for scan to cloud..

Problem solved --

budb4u
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you that worked!  

monica9
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Where were you able to "2. Sign in to Dropbox and allow Epson Connect to access your online folder."? 

I can't find how to do this 😕

Sammy64
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Did you set up new folder in DropBox?

then go to Epson Connect and link this folder to DropBox...

monica9
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you! I misunderstood and thought we had to connect Epson Connect as an app in Dropbox. 

Yes, I've done that and it is so precarious. It will work, then an hour later won't. I just keep going through the same steps above, it's very frustrating

monica9
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi all,

If anyone else is experiencing the "fix" only working short term, I've reported this to Epson directly as I came across a Google Drive forum discussing the exact same issue that's just started happening in the past two weeks. Hopefully they can look into it and resolve. 

https://support.google.com/drive/thread/62732499?hl=en link to the Google Drive forum if anyone is interested, but just covers the same as what is said here

Davidh19
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
While on the Epson connect website, I got a message box from Epson while trying to fix this issue that said the Epson connect connection was expired so i clicked on the (old) dropbox cloud link and followed the prompts for Epsom to create a new default folder to scan to... i got a message box that said the connection was successful. Then i successfilly scanned a document to that new dropbox folder. I didnt go to the Dropbox site at all. (PS, it took a week of experimentation to figure this out... Also, i did this on my laptop that just had a windows upgrade, so maybe the upgrade had something to do with the "fix")
Hope this helps. :>)
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Davidh19 New member | Level 2
    monica9 Helpful | Level 5
    Sammy64 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?