cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Trying to upload to the mobile app I get an error the file "may have moved, deleted or on an SSD".

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I can't upload files to dropbox since just recently. It's been working fine since then. Now, when I try to upload a files/photos from my phone to the dropbox app, it tells me that the images may have been moved, deleted or located on an SD which isn't available. None of that's true! I don't own an SD card and I have not touched my photos. What's going on? I need help...

23 Replies 23
Highlighted

Re: Failing to upload files

Super User II
Super User II

Have you tried updating to the newest versions of the app?

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Unable to upload files on my Android device as I'm getting an error "Upload Failed..."

Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

I updated my Huewai P30 this morning and I'm now unable to upload files from my phone to dropbox. It was fine before the update. I am able to export files from dropbox to my phone just not upload them. I've tried unsyncing my phone and deleting the app, then re-downloading and syncing it again, but had no luck. I get the error message "Upload Failed : we couldn't upload *file name*. It may have been moved, deleted or is located on an SD Card that is currently unavalible." 

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated!

Highlighted

Re: Unable to upload files

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @stevenjames, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Can you clarify for me if you're trying to use the automatic camera uploads, or if you're uploading manually with the "+" button in the mobile app? If you're trying to upload with different steps, please give me some details on the steps you're taking.

Also, can you let me know which OS version your device is running and the mobile app version installed?

Finally, please send me a screenshot of the error message as the visual would be very helpful.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

Thank you for your reply I appear to have found a sloution. thanks again!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that @stevenjames!

If there's anything else that I can help with, please don't hesitate to get back to me here as I'd be happy to help out.

Wishing you a wonderful rest of your week!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I am getting the same message, how were you able to fix it?
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I was wondering if you're able to assist me with this problem as well, I have a Samsung Note 10+ and I am getting the same message. I have also tried to uninstall and install and get the same message when I try to import from my phone to Dropbox. should I create a new thread for this?

thank you so much!
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

I also have a Samsung S10. I've solved this by uploading from the freshly reinstalled app, instead of starting from the gallery app. I had to give the dropbox app permissions and after I did that, upload was successful and I could upload more photos from the gallery app. It seems like the app not having permissions was causing the upload failure. Dropbox has to fix this because the error message is uninformative if not misleading. 

Highlighted

Re: Trying to upload to the mobile app I get an error the file "may have moved, deleted or on a

Explorer | Level 4
I have the exact same issue and error message as ij129. I believe it started after I updated my Dropbox app 2 weeks ago. Uploading from my mobile to the Dropbox app was working perfectly fine until then! Is this a bug with the latest update?
Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?