cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to withdraw all company data from Dropbox. How can I contact support for help??

Trying to withdraw all company data from Dropbox. How can I contact support for help??

Explorer | Level 3

Our company no longer wishes to use Dropbox. 

How can I extract all our users' files (and trash) from Dropbox? 

Can Dropbox help with this data download? 

We've turned off our busioness account. I need someone to tell me what we need to do to get this to work. 

Is there a phone number I can call? A person I can email? 

7 Replies 7

Re: Trying to withdraw all company data from Dropbox. How can I contact support for help??

Dropboxer

Hi there @anthonys123, thanks for checking in with us. 

Your support options depend on what kind of account you have. You can find yours by simply logging in and going to this page

We'd be more than happy to help you out from here though!

As for your main concern, if you have the desktop app installed, you can download all your files to your local storage. 

Do you have it running and up to date by any chance? 

Let me know and we'll take it from there. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Trying to withdraw all company data from Dropbox. How can I contact support for help??

Explorer | Level 3

@Lusil, do you speak on behalf of Dropbox? If so, could you direct me to someone who is willing to read my question and answer it appropriately?  

>Your support options depend on what kind of account you have.  

As stated, our business account is turned off. There are zero support options available to me.   

>you can download all your files to your local storage.  

No, I can not download every file (including trashed items) belonging to the company.   

Dropboxer

Apologies for the confusion, @anthonys123

Since you mention that you wanted to download the data, could you clarify where you'd like to save them?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

@Lusil Assuming all of our data could be saved, it would likely require a 1TB hard drive (at most). I wanted to speak with someone about this arrangement. 

Dropboxer

Hey there @anthonys123, we'd be more than happy to help from here, as your current Dropbox plan allows limited support options.

In terms of downloading your data, as Lusil mentioned, if you already have the desktop app installed and the data synced previously, you can copy over most/all of the data from the local Dropbox folder on your computer.

Otherwise, you would need to download the files through the website with these steps.

If you have so much data that you wouldn't be able to feasibly download through the website, you can see if there are any third party apps that can assist you with this with a quick web search.

Also, in order to download items that have been deleted, then you would need to first restore the items to your account to have the option to download them (provided they were deleted within your version history window).

Please don't hesitate to give us a nudge if you have any questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3

@Daphne  My question is if I can have a conversation with someone at Dropbox about my specific issue. I understand that Dropbox does not offer support to non-business accounts so if I do upgrade my account can I get the support I need? 

I had attempted to download all our data manually, over the course of 3 months, but evidently not everything in the folders I downloaded was downloaded. So, I want to know what it will take for someone at Dropbox to go into our account and archive all the data, including the trash, and ship me a hard drive. If this is something that even the business acount would not cover, what would it take to make this happen?  

Furthermore, my migration process began in April/May of 2020. So I may require extration of data beyond the 180 day window.  

Dropboxer

If you were to upgrade your account, you would indeed have access to the support options for that plan, @anthonys123.

Currently, only Business admins will have access to phone support, if that's the route you're most interested in.

Just to note, the Dropboxers here on the Community (including myself and Lusil) are members of the Support team too, which is why we offered our suggestions here.

However, from what I know, we wouldn't be able to create an archive of your data in order to send this to you physically. 

Also, recovering data that's outside of the account's version history window wouldn't be possible either, as the data wouldn't exist on the servers anymore in order to be recovered.

Having said that, if you do prefer to upgrade your account in order to contact live support, then you could always ask them directly to see what's possible in terms of retrieving some of the deleted files.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?