cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off "Suggested because you work on this a lot"

Highlighted

Turn off "Suggested because you work on this a lot"

New member | Level 2

Hi, I recently subscribed to Dropbox and I do like it overall but there is one thing that irks me.
In the dropbox application it regularly pins folders that were "suggested because you work on this a lot." I tried google searching if there was any way to toggle this off but couldn't find anything. I personally don't like feeling like my workspace is cluttered and those suggestions just rubs me the wrong way. 

Does anyone know of a way to toggle it off?

I am running Dropbox on MacOS by the way.

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Turn off "Suggested because you work on this a lot"

Dropboxer

Hey @j0shh4nxd, thanks for checking in with us. 

From what I understand, you're referring to the For you tab, which includes suggestions based on your activity.

Although there isn't currently a way to completely disable it, you should be able to right-click on a suggestion and select Dismiss.

In any case, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and, if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to give us another shout. 

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Turn off "Suggested because you work on this a lot"

New member | Level 2

I am trying to like the Dropbox app, but this is very annoying.  Every time I launch the app, I have to "dismiss suggestion" on about 4 items in the Starred Folders section.  Sometimes a folder is already starred and the app adds it as a suggestion anyway.

This is something that needs to be addressed and an option should be added to disable this feature.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?