cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning off green checkmark overlay.

Turning off green checkmark overlay.

Anna K.
New member | Level 1

Whoa, what's this? I go to use dropbox today and there's green checkmarks all over my icons. Great. I'm on a mac and they're small enough as it is -- I need to be able to see my file icons, especially the images. How do I turn this off? I tried deleting the icon in the dropbox app itself but it just keeps on coming back. I don't mind if it tells me when something didn't sync or is in the process of syncing, but I don't need this stuff all over my files otherwise.

12 Replies 12

William R.
New member | Level 1

Indeed, I'd like to see this as well...

Get's annorying..

Tom H.
Super User

If you are on Yosemite :

System Preferences > Extensions > Finder (subsection) > Dropbox >Un tick the check box

William R.
New member | Level 1

Nice. Thanks!

Anna K.
New member | Level 1

I'm not on yosemite, so as far as I can tell, that doesn't help me.

Todd G.
New member | Level 1

Just started this morning, I'm on a Mac running 10.8.5. They are very annoying

Chris R.
Collaborator | Level 10

The green check mark shows you that the file has been synchronised successfully with the online Dropbox ... don't you want to know that?

Chris R.
Collaborator | Level 10

On a Mac, inside the app itself (right-click and "Show Package contents", then "Resources") you will see a file called emblem-dropbox-uptodate.icns - that's the green check. In a graphics editor you could reduce the size of it, or even 'white it out' if you don't mind not knowing. However, I have no idea which graphics editors - if any - allow you to save something back in .icns format.

Olly G.
New member | Level 2

Yeah very overpowering in list view, a sea of bright green - very difficult to id type of files etc - much preferred previous look - what happened to 'deference' Dropbox?.

Henrik L.
New member | Level 1

I have the same problem. These green check marks are VERY DISTRACTING. I want them gone.

Need more support?