cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two accounts with same email, different content. How to get files out of phone app?

Two accounts with same email, different content. How to get files out of phone app?

New member | Level 2

I somehow created an account on my iphone with my personal email.  This email is associated with another dropbox account i had from a long time ago, that is at capacity.  I am wanting to get my folder of files out of my dropbox phone app.  I dont see how to do this at all. I have options of share, which i tried, it says to verify email, which i do, and it says successful in the email, but the app does not change from that screen.  i have copy option, but that just copies the files to another folder IN Dropbox. I want the files OUT of dropbox.  How can i export the files out of dropbox?  Can anybody help me?  The lack of customer support on Dropbox with a live chat or phone is so frustrating. I"m hoping a community member might be able to help me?  please?

thanks in advance...

1 Reply 1

Re: Two accounts with same email, different content. How to get files out of phone app?

Dropboxer

Hi @ikellymm, thanks for joining the Community!

It sounds like you didn't create a new account, but instead logged into an old account you had on Dropbox.

The easiest method to transfer files from one account to another is to share folders with the correct account, and then on the other account (which you can access from the Dropbox site) move those files elsewhere.

If you need any more details, feel free to message back!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?