cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two arrows in a blue circle icon appearing on my images

Two arrows in a blue circle icon appearing on my images

Abi5
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

Two arrows in a blue circle has appeared next to my images. I presume this indicates that something has gone wrong with the synching of the images and videos from my SD card to the laptop. Is there a way of rectifying this?

Thankyou in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey Abi5, thanks for posting your syncing inquiry on our Community. I’ll do my best to send you some tips on this behavior & we’ll take it form there; I hope my message finds you well today Abi!

It’s my understanding that you’re uploading your photos manually or using the Camera Uploads feature through your desktop, so as to sync them to your account online, am I right? 

If so, I’d say that everything should be fine, so long as you can see your synced photos uploaded on your Homepage online.  Once everything is synced, you should see a green checkmark :white_check_mark: instead of the blue arrows :arrows_counterclockwise:

Please let me know how that works for you & I’ll do my best to follow-up on this discussion. Thanks again for reaching out to us & I’m wishing you a wonderful week ahead!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey Abi5, thanks for posting your syncing inquiry on our Community. I’ll do my best to send you some tips on this behavior & we’ll take it form there; I hope my message finds you well today Abi!

It’s my understanding that you’re uploading your photos manually or using the Camera Uploads feature through your desktop, so as to sync them to your account online, am I right? 

If so, I’d say that everything should be fine, so long as you can see your synced photos uploaded on your Homepage online.  Once everything is synced, you should see a green checkmark :white_check_mark: instead of the blue arrows :arrows_counterclockwise:

Please let me know how that works for you & I’ll do my best to follow-up on this discussion. Thanks again for reaching out to us & I’m wishing you a wonderful week ahead!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Amishi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Same happen for me too. I recovered some files from formated partition. Most of all files are showing like that except few files ( tick mark).. can you help me

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Amishi, please accept my apologies for the tardy reply on my end. Have you by any chance had a chance to work on that since you wrote us here? Please do let me know & I’ll do my best to follow-up with you asap!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

FreeMePodcast
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes but what could be the reason the syncing never completes?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @FreeMePodcast; sorry to jump in here, but is the desktop app on your computer stuck at syncing the same number of files?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

slcoman
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Many of my files have the same blue icon with two small arrows after being uploaded to Dropbox.  I've tried uploading them through the website and also using my desktop Dropbox folder.  The files appear to be complete and will open with Photoshop or Illustrator and are fine.  It's difficult to tell if everything is really uploading without going through file by file to see if the file is all there.  The status bar says it's complete.  It's been 3 or 4 days now so I'm assuming it's never going to display the green icon.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @slcoman, thanks for joining the topic here!

If the app is showing 'up to date' in your menu bar/system tray, could you try rebooting your computer?

Let us know if that improved matters for you.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    slcoman Explorer | Level 3
    FreeMePodcast New member | Level 2
    Jane Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?