cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two questions about Dropbox Transfer customizations

Two questions about Dropbox Transfer customizations

xtingu
Explorer | Level 3

Hiya!

Loving Dropbox Transfer very much, I use it often.  I have two questions:

1) I have a Dropbox Professional account, and when I create Transfers, the recipient sees "[Jill MyLastName] has sent you a Transfer!".   Is there any way to change my personal name to something else?  I'm doing work on behalf of a client, and the client's customer is ultimately the one receiving the transfer.  My client's customer has never heard my name and I don't want to confuse things.  Is there any way to either change the name that appears, or heck, even just to hide it?  (I've customized the background with my client's logo, so that's certainly a step in the right direction.)

2) Speaking of logos: I do a lot of work for many clients, and I use Transfer a lot.  When I send something to a client via Transfer, I customize the Transfer by uploading their logo; that transfer is good for a week.   Let's say the next day I create another Transfer for a different client (Client #2), and now I upload Client #2's logo to customize that second Transfer.   If Client #1 downloads their transfer later in the week, will they see their logo, or Client #2's logo?    

Thank you!

--Jill

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Two questions about Dropbox Transfer customizations

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @xtingu, I'd be happy to help out!

You should be able to change the name that appears when you share a transfer by editing your username

Also, if you do change the logo of your transfer, it'll appear on all your transfers, unless you change it again.

I understand though that you'd like to be able to apply a different logo to each transfer.

Are there any other options you'd like become available in the future in regards to transfer or any other sharing features?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

PS. In the meantime, have a look at customizing shared links - maybe that'll do the trick for you?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Two questions about Dropbox Transfer customizations

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @xtingu, I'd be happy to help out!

You should be able to change the name that appears when you share a transfer by editing your username

Also, if you do change the logo of your transfer, it'll appear on all your transfers, unless you change it again.

I understand though that you'd like to be able to apply a different logo to each transfer.

Are there any other options you'd like become available in the future in regards to transfer or any other sharing features?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

PS. In the meantime, have a look at customizing shared links - maybe that'll do the trick for you?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?