cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPLOADING MULTIPLE PHOTOS FROM MAC LAPTOP

UPLOADING MULTIPLE PHOTOS FROM MAC LAPTOP

YLH
Explorer | Level 3

HELLO.  Until last week, I was able to upload to Dropbox 3-4 photos at the same time from my Mac laptop computer.  Then, suddenly Dropbox will only allow one photo at a time to be uploaded. To continue after the first one, I have to close out Dropbox and open it again.  I have Dropbox Basic (free) and until recently, was delighted at how it works.  I take photos (on a volunteer basis) for a local non-profit public agency and need  to be able to efficiently upload images to the agency's marketing firm's Dropbox account.  Nothing in the Help section seems to be appropriate.  I have not tried any synching steps, as that seems only to apply to phones, which I am not using.  And, it worked fine one day and then did not work the next. Any suggestions?  Thanks much in advance.

16 Replies 16

Re: UPLOADING MULTIPLE PHOTOS FROM MAC LAPTOP

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @YLH, I'd be more than happy to look into this with you. 

Can you let me know if you use our website or the desktop application to upload content? 

Also, when you say you aren't able to upload more than 3-4 files, does that happen because you receive any messages on your end? 

Let me know, and we'll take it from there!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

YLH
Explorer | Level 3

Hi

I use the desktop app (and have as long as I've been a Dropbox user) to upload images.  I am uploading (or attempting to do so) to a Dropbox site Administered by someone else, whom I suspect has a business version.  When I've tried to use the link that they sent me, if also does not work (in fact, it no longer recognized me, from one day to the next).  I do not receive messages (except for what I will describe below) when trying to upload images.  Rather, the little dropbox icon at the top left continues to spin and the status of the uploading says something like "2 seconds remaining" as it did before when uploading worked fine and it provided me with a status of how the uploading was going.  If I click on the details box it shows the two images I'm trying to upload, but only one ultimately is successful.  And, as I said before, I have to shut down dropbox and start over to upload another image.  Thanks for whatever help you can provide.

YLH
Explorer | Level 3

One more clarification.  I used to upload 3-4 images at  time with no problem.  Now I can only do one at a time, with the limits described in my previous reply.  Thanks again.

Lori
Dropboxer

Thank you so much for all the details @YLH

Can you hover your mouse over your Dropbox icon (next to your WiFi) and let me know what the status of our application is? 

If you try the same process while connected on a different WiFi or cellular data, do you see any difference? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Lori
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

YLH
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lori

When I hover my mouse over the Dropbox icon next to the wifi icon, it says "Dropbox 121.4.4267" and below that it says "up to date".  I tried using a different wifi system and nothing is different (only able to upload one image and the little dropbox icon remains spinning.  I have also tried it with a different browser (using a different way to log on).  That made no difference.  Could it have anything to do with my Mac operating system.  I need to update it, but have not had the time to do it.  It is one system behind but even then, previous attempts to upload worked just fine.  I've also freed up space on my hard drive by moving things to trash and then deleting items from trash and moving big photo files to my external storage.  

Kinda curious and frustrating.  Thanks for your help.  

Yvonne

YLH
Explorer | Level 3

And another clarification or bit of info.  When I open dropbox and go to the files that I am working with, the little Dropbox icon at the top left of my browser keeps spinning -- just as it does when I am trying to upload files.  Don't know if this is helpful but wanted to share with you.

Lori
Dropboxer

Great job on the details @YLH

Could you re-create the uploading steps you follow, and send me a screenshot of what you see on your end, along with the spinning icons? 

(Make sure none of your personal info is visible)

Looking forward to your reply!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

YLH
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lori

Below are several screen shots that hopefully show to you what I am seeing.  I was not able to capture the spinning icons but they appear when I open the folder and the sub-folders.  Also, one of the screens shots shows the message that the image is uploading -- and that continues even when the first image is successfully uploaded while the second image is trying to upload but never makes it.  I have tried to remove personal information but some of it may still show.  But, no one should be able to access the folders ... thanks again for your help.  If it would be easier to continue this dialogue "offline" I am happy to do so if you send me your email address (assuming that is permitted).

YLH_0-1620241340073.pngYLH_1-1620241367219.png

YLH_2-1620241394099.png

Lori
Dropboxer

Thank you for the detailed screenshots @YLH!

Let me point out, that this isn't our desktop app, this is the website

Can you try switching on a different browser, or an incognito tab and try the same process? 

Let me know of any updates on the matter and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    YLH Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?