cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT / ALL FILES DELETED

URGENT / ALL FILES DELETED

Artur B
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I use dropbox since a short time. I have a macbook pro. 

I was cleaning my heavy files yesterday (from my mac), and I deleted the dropbox file that was 32Go. 

It deleted everything I had on my mac. I never wanted and never asked to  synchronize all my files that are on my mac. Impossible to retrieve them from my bin  as well. 

I tried to retrieve them and now all the folders are EMPTY !!!!!! There is no way to contact someone by phone, by mail, so I'm here !! It's scandalous. Please help me retrieve my files ASAP thanks !!! :(((

3 Replies 3

Re: URGENT / ALL FILES DELETED

Mark
Super User II

You seem a tad mistaken as to how Dropbox works I'm afraid - if you delete a file in Dropbox it deletes on your computer as well. 

If you got a message saying it was too large for the trash can I'm afraid that error is from your computer and NOT Dropbox so you may find they are not recoverable. If you can get anything recovered you can do so via https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/restore-delete

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Artur B
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your help. Yes of course, I am a new user, of course I was mistaken, but that was absolutely not clear for me that all my files where connected to dropbox. Now I can't even contact someone to help me retrieve them, I just retrieved the folders without files. I tried your way but it says I can't retrieve them if I don't have space on my dropbox which is 2Go because I don't pay. It's ridiculous..

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox wont upload more than your quota, so, what you need to do is download what you need then delete them from the website and restore more. 

Support wont be able to help you with that anyway I'm afraid. 

You can see what was uploaded at www.dropbox.com/events 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?