cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Uable to upload due to security concerns

Uable to upload due to security concerns

mweadbrock
Explorer | Level 3

I am trying to upload files I resized in photo and picture resizer app but Dropbox won't allow it. Says it cannot due to security concerns. It is essential for my work that I be able to do this...

7 Replies 7

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @mweadbrock , thanks for posting on our Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please walk me through the steps you take that lead to this error and send me a screenshot of the error as well?

Thanks a bunch!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mweadbrock
Explorer | Level 3
I don't know how to post screen shots here. Is there an email address I can send them to?

I go to the resizer app, upload my pictures, hit resize and when it is done I hit the share icon, select Dropbox. But Dropbox give the error message.

Mark
Super User II

Hi @mweadbrock  

Thats an error or issue with the Resizor app I'm afraid and you'll need to speak to the developer of that app to get the issue resolved. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

mweadbrock
Explorer | Level 3

I have seen this posted many times in the Dropbox community.  The error is coming from the Dropbox app not the resizer app though....It is as if Dropbox is blocking the files from being added for some reason.....?

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @mweadbrock, thanks for messaging the Community.

What device and OS version are you using currently? Is the Dropbox mobile app on the latest version?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mweadbrock
Explorer | Level 3

The version is 238.2.2 and is up to date. 

Jay
Dropboxer
If you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try uninstalling the app, rebooting the device, and re-installing it to see if this helps?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?