cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to attach as a file

Unable to attach as a file

BusyNurse
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have been using Dropbox for several years now and up until last week I had 2 options when trying to send my files via email: attach as a file or upload a link. I no longer have the “attach a file” option. The people I work with do not use Dropbox and have no interest in the added steps to access the files I send. Please help me restore my ability to attach the file to my emails
41 Replies 41

LHnTX
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I use dropbox for all of my client files and I attach these file to client emails a LOT almost every day, and this issue has never occured until today - April 22, 2018. I also had issue with dropbox yesterday where I noticed that PDF files that I was saving on my PC to my dropbox files were not showing up on dropbox.com, so this makes me wonder if the issue is something else.

FollowThrough
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
When composing email in iOS Mail
Press for action bar
Select Add Attachment
Screen should go to Locations/iCloud/Dropbox/

Dropbox not appearing even though files accessible via Dropbox app.

Going to blame Apple now along with Microsoft?

FollowThrough
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I ised to have this feature till the last Ios  and Drop Box updates. Now DB doesn't show up in Locations, only icloud folders. show up, and there's no "More" button to tap either.

FollowThrough
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

You need to stop blaming Microsoft for DB's failure to implement a common feature.

@Rich wrote:
No. You have never been able to export more than one file at a time using the Dropbox app. If Outlook previously allowed you to attach multiple files, then you need to talk to Microsoft.

Yul
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Mail no longer shows Dropbox as a possible location of files on my iPhone 6s

Yul
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Same here

FollowThrough
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Must be Apple's fault!
/sarcasm off...

Don't forget to take a video cast of your testing the issue for Dropbox!
/whoopee

PropertyVine
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
This is as joke, we have to contact Microsoft? Well the issue I'm having is exactly the same but with Samsung mail. So it's not just a Microsoft issue. But even if it is the 3rd parties that are causing the issue - surely it is Dropbox duty and best interests to liaise with them and work with them to get this resolved. Otherwise we will have no choice but to start using One Drive. This will mean I stop paying for Dropbox services.

Wiggithoney
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I use Mac mail but Dropbox is NOT showing in locations and I can’t find how to add it! Anyone please help!

LaurelK
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have same problem, using iOS. Can no longer attach a PDF saved to Dropbox which prior to now I’ve been able to attach. It appears the files that say “Shared” are ghosted, and I cannot attach any. Don’t have the little cloud icon. Instead what comes up when selecting is “change file name.”
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ArlynAA Explorer | Level 3
    SMITH255 New member | Level 2
    LaurelK New member | Level 2
    Wiggithoney New member | Level 2
    PropertyVine New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?