cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect

Unable to connect

Sibertiger17
Explorer | Level 4
Hey there.
I cannot connect to Dropbox site AT ALL. No matter which way I try, typing in the address, clicking on a link, going through the desktop app, they all give me the same result. A black screen with " Unable to connect - Firefox/Chrome can't establish a connection to the server at www.dropbox.com
I have spent weeks reading endless forums on this issue and not one has solved the problem.
I have done everything in every post. Dropbox has access in every browser, windows defender, firewall.. everywhere.
The desktop app works fine, when I open it, it downloads and updates any files being shared with me and uploads any that I add to my folders. My mobile app works just fine, that's what I'm using to type this because I can't even access the website to log in from my PC.
Please some respond with the same answers of changing the date, check proxies and all of that. It's all good and properly set up.
The only thing I don't know how to do is if I have to go into windows somewhere and rewrite or delete things...that's where I need hand holding to understand.
If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated. I'd upload a oic of the error message but I . unable with mobile apparently...
4 Replies 4

Re: Unable to connect

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @Sibertiger17, welcome to the Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you have a look at this discussion and let me know if any of the information there helps?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Sibertiger17
Explorer | Level 4
Holy crap that worked!!! Can you explain what that was and what was happening?

Walter
Dropboxer
Glad to hear that @Sibertiger17 - thanks for letting me know!

When it comes to the issue, whether this is a VPN or proxy setting in the app, ISP or router issues, I can't say exactly, as it's specific to your device.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Sibertiger17
Explorer | Level 4

Just so strange...I'm a pretty straight forward smooth operator...if it ain't broke don't fix it kind of thing...so not sure where or what could have changed...it used to work just fine..then suddenly it didn't...and all the hoops of fire I've jumped through just wouldn't clear it....and this one simple deletion of a file does? Sigh...my head hurts...LOL thanks though again!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sibertiger17 Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?