cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to copy dropbox link

Unable to copy dropbox link

ishaqura
Explorer | Level 3

hi

When i am clicking "copy dropbox link", it shows "you don't have permission to create a link to this content" .

i'm having an error message everytime i try to share a file by creating a link, "You don’t have permission to create a link to this file". This happens to every single file that i try to share (same thing for folders). 

After when i check the Sharing page at the links tab i can see the links of the file i tried to share, but those links are not working, since when i open the link i'm getting an error message:

Too many requests

Sorry, this link has been automatically turned off for now

1 Reply 1

Re: Unable to copy dropbox link

Rich
Super User II

@ishaqura wrote:

"You don’t have permission to create a link to this file". ... Sorry, this link has been automatically turned off for now

Sounds like your sharing ability has been disabled by Dropbox. You'll need to contact Support directly.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?