cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete share folder in content

Unable to delete share folder in content

New member | Level 2

I am the administrator. After renaming the share folder, the old folder still exist in “content”. It appears to be a ghost folder as this share folder no longer show up in my “All file”. Click on “...”, it allows me to “manage’ but no where to allow me to delete.

3 Replies 3

Re: Unable to delete share folder in content

Dropboxer

Hi there @LIwen Wei, thanks for reaching out!

Just to clarify, do you have both the new and old version of the folder in the Content tab? Do you also see both from the "All files" page here?

If you see the folder from your "All files" page, are you able to delete the folder from there?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

It appears Dropbox had cleaned up some of the the mis-match after few days. So the “sync” aspect is NOT good (not real tine sync).

Now the “all file” and administrator “content” are largely match with one exception: A shared folder that was deleted earlier - still showed up in “content”, not in “all file”. I checked “share folder” and manually deleted that file. It went away from the content.

A time consuming process to learn during this trial period. Possible Dropbox would offer phone support? No problem to pay for it. I need to make a decision in few days to stay or get out of Dropbox business.

My cell: [phone number removed as per Community Guidelines].

Dropboxer

Thanks for your update @LIwen Wei.

Phone support is currently available for Dropbox Business users, which you can check out some more info on here.

If there's anything else that I can help with from here, please don't hesitate to give me a nudge.

Hope you enjoy the week ahead!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?