cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to drag from DB Desktop app to Outlook Email draft (error message below)

Unable to drag from DB Desktop app to Outlook Email draft (error message below)

esloman
New member | Level 2

I've been using dropbox regularly for my job for well over a year now.  We compose and share various files in PDF, word etc. form and then regularly email those out.     Up until last week I was able to drag from the Dropbox Desktop App to an email being drafted in Outlook and "drop" it there as an attachment.  Suddenly (tho I made no known changes to my system or softwares) I receive the following error message pop up when attempting to drag and drop: 

" Can't drag offline-only files right now.  Please try again later "  

I can drag them and drop them if I use the "File Explorer" view of Dropbox just fine into an email as an attachment, but not using the Dropbox app which given that after I send I also then need to move and that's much easier via the Dropbox Desktop app vs. file explorer window (which doesn't give me a "move" option)  - I REALLY need this to work again using the Desktop app.

Can anyone help?  I'm not offline, most definitely online and syncing regularly etc. 

What am I missing here??? 

2 Replies 2

Re: Unable to drag from DB Desktop app to Outlook Email draft (error message below)

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @esloman, I hope you're doing well today! 

Could you possibly try following the steps in this post and setting your Dropbox application to 'Open folders in Finder' to see if that helps?

Thank you!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Unable to drag from DB Desktop app to Outlook Email draft (error message below)

esloman
New member | Level 2

I did indeed do that, then also switched back.   The Desktop App version always worked before to drag and drop from.   

I can certainly drag and drop from the File Explore window option but then I still have to use the app version to move to a different folder efficiently.   It's very frustrating the drag and drop ability from desktop app just disappeared 

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

esloman New member | Level 2
    Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?