cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to open files using Finder on an iMac

Highlighted

Unable to open files using Finder on an iMac

Helpful | Level 5

I can not open a file using Finder that I have previously had access to.  The file is available on dropbox.com and we have checked the permissions.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Thanks Daphne, the problem has been resolved by quitting and restarting Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @bec3,

I’ll need a little more info to be able to understand the issue fully. For example, is it only one file that you can’t open or a specific type of file? Do you receive an error message when trying to open the file? If so, can you please send me a screenshot of this (excluding any personal info).

Also, can you let me know if you are able to open and see the file as expected on the web? When you mentioned you checked the permissions of the file, can you let me know how/where you checked this and what you found?

Looking forward to hearing back from you - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Thanks Daphne, the problem has been resolved by quitting and restarting Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey again @bec3,

I’m glad to hear that! Please don’t hesitate to update me here if you have any other issues with this error message.

Have a great day - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?