cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to see all folders in a shared folder

Explorer | Level 3

My manager has shared a folder with me that contains other files and folders, however, not all the folders that are there show up? He can see them, but not me.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Unable to see all folders in a shared folder

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @TC79 - welcome to the Dropbox Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to see some subfolders and files within your shared folder(s); I'll try do my best to help now so don't worry. 

To begin with, I'm assuming that you're both able to see those files and sub-folders on our website - right?

Supposing that you're not seeing them within your computer's Dropbox folder, can you verify that you and your manager are both fully synced and those files/folders don't contain any incompatible characters within their names?

Just to make sure we've covered all based, can you also take a look at the Dropbox icon in your  system tray/menu bar and let me know what the message being displayed reads? Does it show 'Up to date' or is it still syncing? 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter,

Thanks for offering to help. Regarding seeing the files and sub-folders when I login through the website, no, they're still not there. I have checked and there doesn't seem to be any incompatible characters used. And the dropbox icon is showing as up to date.

A colleague has suggested it's to do with permissions. Is it not enough for my manager to just have invited me to share the folder and the folders within it? How does he find out what permissions are set for each folder?

Many thanks

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@TC79 wrote:

Regarding seeing the files and sub-folders when I login through the website, no, they're still not there

Not being able to see them on the website usually indicates that they haven't uploaded yet. Can other people, besides your manager, see the files? If not, the problem lies on your manager's computer.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?