cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to switch back to local from online Smart Sync

kfrumkin New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Using MACs

One folder in my Dropbox folder on one of my two computers is online only (grey circle) as are all of its subfolders and files. I would like them to be local. The smart sync options in the right-click menu of that enclosing folder does show the SmartSync options, but just Online Only (not both options with online only checked). The sub folders and files do not have the SmartSync options at all on right-click.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Re: unable to switch back to local from online smart sync

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @kfrumkin, I'd be happy to help out with this!

So I can have a bit of a better understanding of your set up, can you let me know the following:

If you could provide me a screenshot (excluding personal info) of what options you see from the right click context menu, that would be very helpful too.

Let me know and we can go from there - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

kfrumkin New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

1 Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 12.13.27 PM.png2 Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 12.16.13 PM.png3 Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 12.18.06 PM.pngHi Daphne,
Thanks for responding.
Version: 93.4.273
Sync status is Up to Date
Screen shots 1-3 are the main and sub-folders, right-clicked

Be well,

kfrumkin

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for those screenshots @kfrumkin!

The grey minus icon showing next to those folders shows that the folder isn't actually syncing to your account online.

Is this folder currently selectively synced? I'd suggest moving this folder outside the Dropbox folder and then checking your selective sync settings and making sure the folder is checked there.

If you used the terminal commands to ignore the folder instead, as outlined here, then please check this article for the steps on how to stop ignoring the folder from syncing too.

Keep me posted on your findings!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?