cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upload anything on dropbox. Everything else works.

Unable to upload anything on dropbox. Everything else works.

_dalecruz_
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

I'm unable to upload anything onto dropbox. My wifi works perfectly fine. I'm able to download from dropbox, but simply cannot upload. I've not encountered this issue before. I've attempted to get it to work on multiple browsers as well, but still no luck. I've restarted my computer, cleared cache, but still nothing. I don't know what to do. Please help!!!

-dale

6 Replies 6

Re: Unable to upload anything on dropbox. Everything else works.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @_dalecruz_, thanks for posting today!

Could you try using incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running, clearing your cache and even resetting your browser entirely?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

_dalecruz_
Explorer | Level 4

Hey Jay, unfortunately after trying these things I've still no luck. I've tried with other browsers as well. Dropbox is a key tool for my workplace, so it's been kind of troubling that I've been the only one amongst my coworkers having this issue. I don't get any error messages -- all I really see is there's the loading wheel at the corner of the tab, but my files never load. Again, my wifi works great and I'm able to stream video, and download media from dropbox just fine but I can't place why I simply can't upload anymore.

GenevieveBaer
New member | Level 2

Dale, 

I am having the EXACT same problem starting yesterday and continuing today.  I have tried everything and I can't figure it out.  I am also unable to upload files to other people's request links!  If you figure out what was going on, please post here.  Thanks!

Genevieve

Jay
Dropboxer
There is a possibility that a proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router issues that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains.

I'd recommend checking each one of these possibilities to see if something has changed, which could prevent files being uploaded to the site.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

_dalecruz_
Explorer | Level 4

Hey @Jay , I didn't actually get a chance to check if there was anything restricting traffic, because the issue seems to have just resolved itself today. I know another member who commented, @GenevieveBaer , was having a similar issue within the same timeframe so maybe it was just something going wrong with the site the past few days? Fingers crossed everything stays working. Anyways, thanks for the the help, @Jay!

Jay
Dropboxer
No worries, @_dalecruz_, let me know if the issue re-occurs again.

Enjoy your weekend!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    _dalecruz_ Explorer | Level 4
    GenevieveBaer New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?