cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upload audio files due to security concerns

Unable to upload audio files due to security concerns

r0xnut
Explorer | Level 4

I'm getting the following error: 'Unable to upload due to security concerns', when I try to upload audio files on my Samsung Note 10. I was able to do this no problem with my previous Samsung Note 10, but that phone was damaged and then was replaced in October 2020. I hadn't tried to upload any audio files until last week and realized that it worked fine on my old phone but not on the new one. I have contacted tech support about 10 days ago but unfortunately haven't gotten anywhere. These are audio files that I record on my phone, about 50 minutes in length, in the same place and same time as when I was previously successful. I really want this to work; do you have any ideas? 

5 Replies 5

Re: Unable to upload audio files due to security concerns

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @r0xnut; thanks for joining the Community and sorry to hear about this. 

Just to make sure we're on the same page here, can you walk me through the exact steps you take to do this?

If possible, send us a screenshot of the error you get as well. 

Thanks a bunch!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

r0xnut
Explorer | Level 4

I got nowhere with tech support and was very frustrated, sending screen shots and descriptions. They were diligent and did not abandon me, but fortunately, I was able to solve the problem myself. I had been just sharing the audio recordings directly from my audio recorder app, but now there was this security issue. I solved it by going into my Samsung files on the phone, and sharing that recording from there, and it works reliably now so I am ecstatic! It's not often that I get somewhere by myself with tech. I'm really happy!

2 Questions:

1. What is the best way to get the most out of dropbox and android? I am kind of a new user and I want to be able to create folders, and even some folders-within-a-folder. There are some youtube videos that are 10 years old; I'm wondering if they are still current. Or can you suggest a good place to start?

2. I got a transient message just now that said something like "You are now a level 3 user!" I clicked on it to find out more and what happened was this message that I am writing you was erased and I had to start over. What does that mean?

Thank you very much.

j

Walter
Dropboxer

Glad to hear it's sorted now @r0xnut.

As per your additional question, note that the mobile app is mostly a file previewer, but you can always upload files from there, be it through our automatic camera uploads feature or manually through the (+) button.

When it comes to your second concern, note that this level is referring to your profile here on our Community and not your Dropbox account in any way. 

Let me know if you have any follow up questions, J!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

r0xnut
Explorer | Level 4
Yes, thanks, but what does it mean to be a level 3 user?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @r0xnut, being a level 3 user just means that you’ve been here for a while and have posted a few times, but you’re mostly having a browse to find what you’re interested in. 

I hope this helps, but let us know if you have any other questions, cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?