cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upload .mov videos

Unable to upload .mov videos

Filmmaker26
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Trying to upload big mov files to Dropbox Professional account but error messages tells me that these files are not taken by Dropbox and cannot be transfered...anybody knows what to do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ErikLewis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I figured it out.  I did not notice that some of the files were not local but in the icloud... I had to down load them first to drag them or upload them to dropbox.   Might work for you.  

View solution in original post

27 Replies 27

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Filmmaker26, let's see what we can find on this. 

I'll just need a few more details to make sure that I have a better understanding of your concern:

• Where are you trying to upload these files to? Is it the website, the desktop app, or the mobile app? 
  • Could you send me a screenshot of the error message?
  • Does this happen with all video files?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ErikLewis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem but with .jpeg files.   Never had this problem before.  Drag and drop files into the dropbox folder in Safari... and the upload is supposed to start automatically... but today, nothing happens at all.  If I figure it out... I will let you know.  I don't think its a problem with file types.  I have done the same with .mov files many times.  

ErikLewis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I figured it out.  I did not notice that some of the files were not local but in the icloud... I had to down load them first to drag them or upload them to dropbox.   Might work for you.  

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @ErikLewis, thanks for nudging us on this thread and for keeping us in the loop. 

Great work with the troubleshooting! 

If anything else comes up in the future, you know where to find us.

In the meantime, I hope you have a great day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

paulwedel
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hmmm. I'm dragging a large .mov from the finder into a dropbox folder in Chrome browser. Receiving this error message. I'm on a workstation that doesn't belong to me so I can't install the OSX dropbox application. Nothing in the cloud as of yet, so that workaround doesn't apply to me. The file is on an external USB harddrive. Need to upload this tonight so this error is rather irksome 😕

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @paulwedel; thanks for joining the discussion and sorry to hear you're having issues with uploading this file to our website.

May I ask exactly how large the file is? Do you get the same results on other browsers

If you could include a screenshot of any error you might get, I'd appreciate it. 

Keep us posted, Paul. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

vonwoo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm trying to upload .mov files under 2GB to my dropbox and I keep getting an error message "file upload error".  it runs for about 30 minutes, and the time counts down accuratly, but somehwere in the last 10 minutes of it, it fails every time.  No matter if I try to upload it using the upload file button, or clicking and dragging, into a filder, or straight into my files.  .Zipped or not.  Fail every time.  This is a huge downer for me as someone umeployed by Covid and trying to share my demos with potential employers.  Please help.

vonwoo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Also, there is more than plenty of space in my Dropbox.

TGNY
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am having the exact same problem with an Mp4 file of about 650mb, I have plenty of storage space. I uploaded similar files a few months ago, though they were about 200mb.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    motionben New member | Level 2
    LC_C New member | Level 2
    Rocky006 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?