cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upload .mov videos

Unable to upload .mov videos

Filmmaker26
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Trying to upload big mov files to Dropbox Professional account but error messages tells me that these files are not taken by Dropbox and cannot be transfered...anybody knows what to do?

27 Replies 27

Rocky006
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

I am also having issues with uploading MOV files. It says the following files are not supported and could not be uploaded. Do the rest of you also have the same issue? I am using the web based version as my computer is too small to download the app.

Rocky006
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

My files are dowloaded onto my PC and dragged into the dropbox folder but still do not upload. I don't know how to fix this.

vonwoo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I never did find a fix for my issue.  I just kept trying, and eventually it would work.  But only after many failed attempts.  There was no explanation or help from Dropbox.  I ended up cancelling my subscription after that.  Sorry I caouldn't be of more help.

Rocky006
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@vonwoo Oh that is such a shame that Dropbox were unable to find a solution after they were commenting... @dropbox have you been able to find a solution for this since March 2020?  I used to be able to upload mov files prior to this, so I don't know what has changed?

Regards

Rocky

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Rocky006; thanks for joining the discussion here.

May I ask if you've tried any other browsers than the one you used originally so far? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

LC_C
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had same issue. This is so frustrating. 

Had so many issues, and I am so nervous whether the files I have uploaded before have anything missing. I click "Skip" for the warning when it pop up error message, although at that time is different type of files.

By the way the uploading speed for dropbox is very slow.

I had 2TB Dropbox subscription, and indeed regret it!

motionben
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Just chiming in to note that I'm also experiencing problems getting an .MOV file to finish uploading. Using Firefox on Windows, drag-and-drop method, file uploads to 99% and just hangs forever on that last 1%...

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @motionben, sorry to hear about this. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache or another browser?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    motionben New member | Level 2
    LC_C New member | Level 2
    Rocky006 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?