cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view PDF I just saved

Unable to view PDF I just saved

j4n
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, 

I saved excell file as PDF but unable to view it. When I try to open the saved file, it says "We cant open this file. Something went wrong. Refresh."

When I save it as excelle, no problems.

About a month ago I saved 3 pdf files. first 2 I can open and view, the last one the same isuue. 

Can anyone advise please.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Re: Unable to view PDF I just saved

Lori
Dropboxer

Hey @j4n, welcome to our Community!

Which platform do you use when previewing the file?

If you could also let me know the size of the PDF, that'd be amazing. 

Let me know, and we'll take it from there.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

j4n
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, Thank you for your response.

i am previewing them online, in Microsoft Edge. I have no issue previewing the other pdf file I created on the same day. The size of the one I can view is 39.8 KB and the one I am not able to view is 39.6KB. 

It did happen previously on couple of occasions but when I logged into Dropbox the following time, all was in order. This time, I have tried on few occasions and still nothing. 

I have now resolved to save the pdf on my desktop, then save it to Dropbox but I never had to do this extra step. Can you advise how to resolve please. 

Thanks

Lori
Dropboxer
Thank you for all the details @j4n!

If you try to preview the file on a different browser, or an incognito tab on Edge, do you get the same results? 

Can you give this a go, and let me know? 

Cheers!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

j4n
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, not sure I know what is incognito tab on Edge. I tried viewing it in "Show in File Explorer" and  "show on Dropbox.com" and unable to view in either. 

Also tried to Open with : Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Preview Dropbox and not opening there either. 

Could you give me instruction how to view it in incognito tab in Edge.

Lori
Dropboxer

Here are the steps on the incognito mode for Edge. 

If you try to download the file manually through our website, does it preview without an issue @j4n ? 

Keep me posted!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    j4n Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?