cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view images at correct resolution

Unable to view images at correct resolution

Explorer | Level 3

My images are displayed in sizes other than in the original pixel density and the zoom buttons don't work as required.

Example 1: Image X is displayed at higher than 100% and the zoom out button is ghosted.

Example 2: Image Y is displayed at less than 100%. The + button skips 100% and jumps to >100%.

Both cases result in blurry images.

This happens when viewing images in my own account as well as when viewing via share links without logging in.

6 Replies 6

Re: Unable to view images at correct resolution

Dropboxer

Hi there @Pimpom, thanks for reaching out to us. 

I'd be happy to help look into this with you, I'll just need a bit more info to make sure that we're on the same page. For example:

• Does this happen regardless of the file type (such as .png, .jpeg, and so on)?
  • How large are these images?
  • Have you tried another browser or an incognito window? 
  • Do they preview normally when downloaded and accessed locally via a third party app?

Finally, could you send us a screenshot (without any personal info) so as to have a better visual of your concern?

Keep us posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

To answer your questions -

1. It happens regardless of file type. The image in the screenshot is in PNG format (displayed at 231. Some of my images are in .jpeg.

2. Sizes vary but my images are generally small. The PNG image in the screenshot is 450x360 pixels, 17.4 KB.

3. Yes. My default browser is Chrome but I've also tried with Firefox, both in normal and incognito mode. Also both while logged in and logged out. All with the same result.

4. Yes, images are of normal size when downloaded.

Wrong size screenshot.png

Explorer | Level 3

Any news?

Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional info, @Pimpom

Could you also clarify how you've uploaded these files? Was it through the desktop app, the website, or the mobile app? 

Finally, could you send me a shared link to one of the photos that has this issue? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Here's one example:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1pwhbd553yjgh3/SanDisk%20Ultra%20Fit%20Old%26New.png?dl=0

The image is 300x250 pixels but it's displayed at 333% (1000x833) and the zoom-out button is ghosted. This file and all my other files were uploaded via the website interface, not by app.

One thing I've found out is that the display is automatically resized according to the available space on my screen. Eg., if there's a notification bar at the bottom of the browser screen, the image display is slightly reduced in size. 

My screen is 1920x1080. If the link is viewed on a 1366x768 monitor, the sample image above is displayed at 208%.

Dropboxer

Thanks for the link there @Pimpom!

It seems that the zoom option is indeed set to "fit to page", can you click on the percentage shown for the zoom to toggle it back to showing the actual size of the file instead?

Let me know if that helps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?