cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view trash can files

Unable to view trash can files

Shaun S.10
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Has anyone run into an issue with being unable to view any deleted files in the trash can? It's been 1 week since I upgraded to Dropbox business and since day 1, when I click on the trash can I see a spinning circle. No files display at all. I opened a support ticket which is going on day 6 with no current resolution. Dropbox is looking into the issue but I wanted to know if anyone in the community has experienced this problem. It seems very odd to have the problem after upgrading from Dropbox pro.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Personally Shaun I never use the deleted items list for that exact reason - it also actually does NOT show big deletions which to me makes it a bit useless.

Personally I go through my folder structure with the 'show deleted items' turned on as I find it so much easier.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
It has always been a bit hit and miss if you have large numbers of files in that folder, is that a possibility?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Shaun S.10
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Yes I have a large number of files in the trash can and always will. The thing is, when I upload image files and then move them to a different folder and un-selective sync them, there is a deletion and addition in the events log. I guess I'll learn to use the events log rather than the trash can if I need to find important files to restore from now on. Thank you for the reply.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Personally Shaun I never use the deleted items list for that exact reason - it also actually does NOT show big deletions which to me makes it a bit useless.

Personally I go through my folder structure with the 'show deleted items' turned on as I find it so much easier.

Shaun S.10
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
This is one area that bothers me about Dropbox. As with Box, they have a trash can and it lists all files and folders with the ability to organize by deletion date or time. I like Dropbox over Box and hope that someday it would be easier to view deleted files rather then me having to generate an admin report, export the csv file into excel, filter the data and try to find all deleted files. The data is there but I have to hunt for it.

lesleyd
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

If we don't delete the files in Trash the files remain on our "GB used". Like you I see a spinning circle when I try to enter the Trash. This has been happening for months. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have asked Dropbox tech support 5 times how to fix this bug, to no avail.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lesleyd Helpful | Level 6
    Shaun S.10 Helpful | Level 7
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?