cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized changes were blocked.

Femy
Helpful | Level 6

I got this warning-messages several times:

Blocked folder access

Blocked app or process: Dropbox.exe

Protected folder:% userprofile% \ Music

Low

Blocked folder access

Blocked app or process: Dropbox.exe

Protected folder:% userprofile% \ OneDrive \ Documents

Low

It looks like Dropbox is trying to get into Onedrive. What is this?

I have windows 10. And I wasn't using Dropbox at all when this warning-messages  pop-up.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unauthorized changes were blocked.

Femy
Helpful | Level 6
That is how I do it, a subfolder in the Dropboxfolder. Very simple and easy to understand. So now I’ve turned the computer backup feature for Dropbox off and yes the problem is solved.

Thank you so much for your help🙂

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Femy, thanks for posting on the Community!

Is it possible you're trying to enable the computer backup feature on your machine?

As it does give the option to save the Documents and Music folder, this could be the reason.

Could you try to disable it to see if this helps?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Femy
Helpful | Level 6
Thanks for your reply!

You mean Dropbox is making a back-up of my computer? I don’t do anything. Could this happen automaticly?

I only use Dropbox for Scrivener-documents, so I don’t want it to do any backup of any other documents, mapps or files.

It’s a relieve to know it’s nothing dangerous then, because OneDrive sent a warning about suspicious trojan-attack. That was probably when Dropbox was trying to do backups.

How could I disable Dropbox from doing this backup of other maps than Scrivener?

Daphne
Dropboxer
The computer backup feature would need to be enabled manually, either from the app preferences, or when installing the app @Femy.

To check and see if this is enabled, can you open the desktop app preferences with these steps, and go to the Backups tab.

From there, the backup option would be the first one listed. There, does it show "Manage" or "Set up" for the backup feature?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Femy
Helpful | Level 6
It says in Preferences/securitybackups:
This PC ”Securitybackup automaticly Desk, Documents and many more straight to Dropbox”.
But I don’t find any way to change that. No ”Manage” or ”Set-up”.

Jay
Dropboxer
Could you clarify what you're seeing? A screenshot would help us out greatly!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Femy
Helpful | Level 6

Sorry I haven’t had internet for a couple of weeks. But now I can continue with this issue.

I used my laptop instead of my computer now and followed your instructions. Then it looked different. There was a button marked Manage for backup. I clicked it and followed the instructions. And I think I understand how it works now.

But the chose you have to choose which maps you want Dropbox to backup is quite limited, or harsh. I can just chose the map Computor or Document etc. I ticked off all maps now. I can’t chose only one map within the map Document?

I tried the same thing again with my other computer and now there is a button for Manage backup. It must just not had turned up last time.

Dropbox is said to cooperate best with Scrivener for backup, and Scrivener’s documents is the only things I want Dropbox to backup.

Jay
Dropboxer
Just to clarify, is the issue resolved for you, or do you require further assistance?

Regarding Scrivener, I personally use it, and the simplest method is to save the Scrivener projects into the Dropbox folder in a subfolder.

This is better than using the computer backup feature to move the entire Documents folder.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Femy
Helpful | Level 6
That is how I do it, a subfolder in the Dropboxfolder. Very simple and easy to understand. So now I’ve turned the computer backup feature for Dropbox off and yes the problem is solved.

Thank you so much for your help🙂

View solution in original post

Jay
Dropboxer
Glad to hear it, @Femy, if you need any further help, please let me know.

Enjoy your week!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?