cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown icon

Unknown icon

AndrewR
Explorer | Level 4

Can anyone tell me what this icon is? It isn't on the list of official dropbox icons that I found on the site. Thank you.

dropbox_icon.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unknown icon

Rich
Super User II

@AndrewR wrote:

Can anyone tell me what this icon is? It isn't on the list of official dropbox icons that I found on the site.

It's on the list. It indicates a file that is marked as Online-only. The file only exists in your account online, and the file on your computer is just a placeholder and takes up no space.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@AndrewR wrote:

Can anyone tell me what this icon is? It isn't on the list of official dropbox icons that I found on the site.

It's on the list. It indicates a file that is marked as Online-only. The file only exists in your account online, and the file on your computer is just a placeholder and takes up no space.

AndrewR
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, I did look at that list before posting, but didn't recognize the "cloud" icon, on my computer this looks more like a little grey triangle. Maybe because it's so tiny! Thanks for clarifying.

Now this brings up some new questions but I will post those separately. Thank you!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AndrewR Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?