cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsharing a dropbox account

Unsharing a dropbox account

Explorer | Level 3

I previously worked for an agency, and we had shared a dropbox account. I have since left the agency, and no longer wish to share my account with them. When I look at the files in my account it says that I am the owner of the files, but I did not put them there. Some of the files in the account are mine, but most are not. How can I unshare the account, and prevent others from putting things in my dropbox?

6 Replies 6

Re: Unsharing a dropbox account

Dropboxer

Hi @Shawn5, thanks for joining the Community!

Are you sharing your Dropbox account entirely, or just a specific folder? 

Were part of a Dropbox Business team? What plan do you see on this page?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

I believe I am sharing the account entirely. When we shared our accounts, both accounts were personal and private. Then somehow they combined, and I haven't been able to uncombine them. They can upload files to the account and add and edit the files they upload. I don't want to delete their files, but their stuff is using up most if not all of my space. I just want to seperate our accounts. Thanks.

Explorer | Level 4

Hey Shawn, 

how about if you try to upload all files to a newly created Dropbox account and simply delete the one you shared with the agency? 

Dropboxer

Just to clarify, @Shawn5, do they have your account credentials, and are logging into your account directly? If so, this would be a violation of the terms of service.

If this is instead shared folders, then you can unshare them using these steps

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

I have never shared my login information or credentials with them.

Explorer | Level 3

I am actually thinking about changing the password, and downloading (and putting on a usb drive) their information, in case they ever come for it.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?