cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted prompt to remove items?

Unwanted prompt to remove items?

Dee O
Explorer | Level 3

Hi. Dropbox keeps randomly prompting me to a remove specific file 'and 401 other items from your Dropbox account and all devices'. It is happening on a regular basis without me doing anything. This morning it came up as soon as I logged into my laptop. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance🙂

1 Reply 1

Re: Unwanted prompt to remove items?

Rich
Super User II

@Dee O wrote:
Dropbox keeps randomly prompting me to a remove specific file 'and 401 other items from your Dropbox account and all devices'. It is happening on a regular basis without me doing anything.

It's not random, and while it may not be "you" deleting files, something must be. Either you, someone else (if it's a shared folder) or some process on your computer has to be doing it. Dropbox doesn't (and can't) just randomly delete files.

Recover one of the files and then look at its version history. It will show you where the deletion is occurring.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?