cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted sync'ing of ALL desktop folders/files

Unwanted sync'ing of ALL desktop folders/files

cnelmes
New member | Level 2

DropBox, both on my cell phone and desktop app, used to only contain a couple of folders with some files.  I did something, don't know what, but all files/folders on my desktop have sync'd to Dropbox. A few consequences - my Dropbox acct is now full and it's telling me to upgrade, for a fee of course. V cunning, DropBox 😉 - unwanted icons in Word and Excel and constant prompts to save files to DropBox.

Would any kind souls know how can I put things back to how they were, with just my original 2 folders visible in DropBox?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unwanted sync'ing of ALL desktop folders/files

Rich
Super User II

@cnelmes wrote:

I did something, don't know what, but all files/folders on my desktop have sync'd to Dropbox.

You have the computer backup feature enabled.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@cnelmes wrote:

I did something, don't know what, but all files/folders on my desktop have sync'd to Dropbox.

You have the computer backup feature enabled.

cnelmes
New member | Level 2

Fantastic! Thanks Rich. Problem solved

henrymusicman
New member | Level 2

I turned off all folders to back up to dropbox except photo desktop folder, but the app keeps trying to upload ALL OF MY PERSONAL FILES. I will need to never use dropbox again and remove it from my mac after 12 years if I cannot stop this. I don't want it and will be forced to find a different app if the huge upload cannot be stopped. I paused the upload of 20,000+files and cannot upload files that I DO want until this huge unwanted upload is terminated. Please help! henrymusicman@yahoo.com

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

henrymusicman New member | Level 2
    cnelmes New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?