cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update info on shared folder

Update info on shared folder

peterp53
New member | Level 2

If I have a share folder and I add images then at a later date I or someone in that group adds another image is there a way to notify all in the group that there are changes within that shared folder?

1 Reply 1

Re: Update info on shared folder

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @peterp53, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to our Community!

Apart from the weekly digest, there's no direct way to do this with Dropbox at this moment, but you can send them an email or an IM to notify them about your new uploads in the shared folder.

However, if they have the desktop app installed and running, they will get a notification there.

Alternatively, you can leave a comment on the files using @mentions to tag the people you want to notify. 

You can also take a look at our Spaces feature. I think it might be a good fit in your case.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any more questions, Peter!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?