cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Message for Team Folder

Upgrade Message for Team Folder

PSprunger
New member | Level 2

Hello,
I have been uploading files to a shared or team dropbox folder for years. Last month, I started getting a message that I could not upload files any longer without upgrading my account. I am the only team member having this problem and am not sure how to resolve it. Unfortunately, my supervisor seems to have no solutions, either. There are several members listed for the folder, including myself, with editing access. Is a file request the only way I am going to be able to upload going forward? Even if they have a business account?  

1 Reply 1

Re: Upgrade Message for Team Folder

Rich
Super User II

@PSprunger wrote:

I have been uploading files to a shared or team dropbox folder for years. Last month, I started getting a message that I could not upload files any longer without upgrading my account.

Are you actually a member of the team, or were you just invited to a shared folder?

If you were invited to a shared folder, you're still bound to the limits of your own account. Anything you upload takes up space in your account. If your account is full and you need to continue uploading to the folder, you'll need to upgrade your account. Or, as you mentioned, you can ask for a File Request.

If you were invited to the team, your Dropbox account would no longer be yours. It would be a licensed member of the Business Team, and the team admin would have control of it. You'd also be able to upload to the team folder up to the limit of the team.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?