cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Upload error - lost connection

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I've been trying to upload 2 Excel files for a few days now with no luck. I've been uploading these same files to my Dropbox account for years.

I am signed in to my Dropbox account on the internet. Then I choose the files from My Documents on my computer. It cycles like it would normally, but errors saying lost connection. I have not lost the internet connection.

I do not and cannot use the desktop app. It is a work computer, so that is not an option to try. I can only use the Dropbox website.

Have tried other files as a test just to see if maybe my files had a problem, but the error was the same. These are very small files.

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Upload error - lost connection

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @HaveTux - welcome to the Dropbox Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with uploading your files to your Dropbox account through our website. 

Just to make sure we've covered all bases here, could you clear your browser's cache, try an incognito window and/or a completely different browser with no plugins/extensions running? 

If you still get the same error, please send me a screenshot so I can have a look while I'd also suggest checking with your company's IT department in case there's a restriction, policy or a specific setup on the affected computer that could be causing this. 

Let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Tried clearing cache and still no luck. Corp said no restrictions that should apply. Attaching screenshot. Thanks
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Trying to attach screen shot again...

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional details @HaveTux!

Can you try renaming the file(s) and uploading them again?

If you're still getting the same error, please use the buttons shown below to attach a screenshot in your next response here.

Attach image.png

Thanks so much!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?