cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upload error

gcsheph
Explorer | Level 4

I have upgraded/paid account.  I've been trying to upload a 338 MB MP4 file and each time after a few seconds get "upload error".  I entered a ticket with dropbox so far I've had no response.  Any suggestions for how to proceed would be most appreciated.  Thank you.

9 Replies 9

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @gcsheph, thanks for using Dropbox and posting on our Community!

Can you please let me know if you get any different results after clearing your browser's cache or on another browser, preferably with no extensions and/or plugins running? 

Thanks so much!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Richard L.
New member | Level 2

Hello - jumping onto this thread due to having the same problem. Files of as small as 3 gb are timing out with two seconds left, and I have had no luck with files from 10 -20 gb. My upload speed is 650 abs. Running Safari just one window open. The folders are not synced to my laptop because I don't have room on the local drive. Thanks

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Richard L., have you tried using a different browser like my colleague suggested to see if this behavior occurs there?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

gcsheph
Explorer | Level 4

I had the same result with both Firefox and Edge.  It would start saying 3 seconds left, then changed to 1 minute, and then sit there with the progress bar at much less than one half of 1% done.  After 10 or 15 minutes of no activity, the "upload error" would appear.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @gcsheph, did you disable all extensions and plugins while using the browser in incognito mode?

Does this issue occur on any other device when you try to upload files?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

gcsheph
Explorer | Level 4

A private window was not being used in either browser

Jay
Dropboxer
Okay, since you weren't using a private browsing window, please can you test an upload while using one to see if this related to the browser and extensions?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Richard L.
New member | Level 2
Jay - yes, I switched from Safari to Chrome. Although the site still showed a progress bar, the files eventually were uploaded overnight. According to my research, the issue was not with my internet speed but due to the fact that Dropbox regulates bandwidth / speed for incoming files. Thx

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Richard L., I'm not sure what research you're referring to, but there is no limit on bandwidth for uploading files to the Dropbox site.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Need more support?