cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload files on shared folder, says I need to upgrade my account...

Highlighted

Upload files on shared folder, says I need to upgrade my account...

New member | Level 2

Hi, I would like to upload and share photos on Dropbox with a friend. My friend has a dropbox business account with very high storage capabilities. She shared a folder with me and after I have uploaded photos, Dropbox says I need to upgrade my account "My Dropbox is out of space". 

I don't see why I should upgrade my account when she has "unlimited" on her end. There must be a way for me to just upload all photos to her folder and they allow me to access them. 

Any help on this matter is highly appreciated.

Thanks/Anders 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Upload files on shared folder, says I need to upgrade my account...

Dropboxer

Hi @AndersK, thanks for joining the Community!

As you've discovered, shared folders take up quota on all active members' accounts, and not just that of the owner. This is to prevent users from stacking shared folders and accounts to create unlimited storage.

If you need to upload files to their account, you can ask them to create a file request to do so. If you then need to view and download files, a shared link to the folder would help too.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?