cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upload has been stuck saying "1 sec left" for hours

huyness
Helpful | Level 6

i told you im not a paying customer, so i dont have the option for email. only chatbot or community.

I just signed up for a two week trial to dropbox for business and i emailed them.  thank you for your help.

cbeeson99
New member | Level 2

SAME. This is especially frustrating when you have a paid subscription and you're trying to use Dropbox for professional work. Unacceptable to have files just hang there for no reason and wasting time re-uploading over and over hoping it will work. GAH.

Re: Can't upload constantly freezes

Alexandy
New member | Level 2

Did I get an answer to my issue? The answer is NO. (I don't use Firefox which seemed to be the only answer offered) In the end I gave up trying with Dropbox and turned to Vimeo which worked beautifully - first time. 
I will continue to use dropbox for photographs but will never waste my time again with Dropbox for film. My film was short (6 min 113 MB).  Check it out [link removed as per Community Guidelines]

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there peeps, I'd be happy to look into this issue with you further!

Could you clarify for me if you have the same issue with an incognito Firefox window @huyness? If you do, please let me know which version of the browser you're using.

Also, @cbeeson99 can you let me know which browser you're currently using? Does using another web browser or an incognito window help at all?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

cartoonistaaron
New member | Level 2

Hey, I am actually having the exact same issue, and the incognito window isn't working for me (in fact, there were 2 issues in the incognito window: it would not show the puzzle required for verification - I had to use the sound option - and the upload was stuck at 30 seconds instead of 1.)

I'm using Firefox 80.0.1 64 bit, the latest update, on a Macbook Pro running OS Sierra. Strong wifi connection (the file uploaded fine to my Google Drive). I was uploading a 100MB .tif file with a normal short file name, no special characters.

Safari I did not try, since I'm doing everything else in Firefox. It was easier this time to use Google drive. Many of my clients use Dropbox on their end though so a solution to this issue would be great. Thanks!

huyness
Helpful | Level 6

running firefox 80.0.1 in incognito mode on 2014 macbook running 10.15.5

I'm trying to upload 500 photos that are 200-500kb in size and it literally stops every 1-2 minutes.

here's a video of the uploading not doing anything

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uequcaxr5jz2ht3/uploading01.mov?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tqp0neg7vj0lcd/uploading02.mov?dl=0

My internet speed - https://i.imgur.com/PW1uyny.png

SimonCD
Helpful | Level 5

Same issue on Firefox 80.0.1. Incredibly annoying bug to have.

zoe30w
New member | Level 2

Firefox is the problem — I had cleared the cache and checked prefs, to no avail.

But it works as it should on Safari.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback!

MErickson
New member | Level 2

Hi, I just encountered this same problem, and found this thread. I use Chrome, and was uploading a 23GB file, and have it stuck on the 1 second spot. I read that someone recommended the desktop client, which I have installed. Guess I'll use that for uploads. 

JTendy
Explorer | Level 4

This has been a chronic problem I've been dealing with for months. Firefox, Chrome doesn't matter. Delays delivering time sensitive media. Dropbox has become a crippled waste of money. Looking for new storage options.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?