cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upload has been stuck saying "1 sec left" for hours

JTendy
Explorer | Level 4

Trying for the fifth time to upload a 30mb file. Horrible.

Chris_J
Super User

did you try using the Desktop Client?  that would a sure way to get your files uploaded. Also, have you tried another browser?

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

troy99
New member | Level 2

Same issue here using the latest version of Firefox.

I'm not using the app because the app is being used by a different account on this computer.  We should be able to use Firefox, please fix.

Cbrewer914
New member | Level 2
Hey man. So I've had this same issue all the time. I find the best solution is to upload a very small single file. Preferably under 1gb. If you have a small photo this works great. That file should go through no problem and it seems to unlock dropbox and the rest of your files should now upload just fine. Hope this helps for anyone having the same problem.

brew13
New member | Level 2

It would be really great if Dropbox would just fix this issue. Enough of us are having trouble with this continually. It's very frustrating. Any updates Dropbox?

JTendy
Explorer | Level 4

Files I tried to send were all under 60mb. Constantly refreshing page. Tried different browsers on Mac and PC. 50% failure rate.

jakej
New member | Level 2

This happens more than half the time with large files. I think it might be time to ditch dropbox.

huyness
Helpful | Level 6
I just got a new Mac mini m1 with Big Sur and this still happens on Firefox with no add ons installed. The problem does not occur on safari. Is anyone at Dropbox paying attention ?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey peeps, thanks for reaching out to us. 

@jakej, have you tried uploading the files from another browser by any chance? 

Also, @huyness, could you also try adding the files from an incognito window? 

If you're still having trouble with this, temporarily close any third party security apps and antivirus that could be affecting this and try again. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

childgrove
New member | Level 2

It's 2020-12-12, and we at GEMS have this same problem. We're using an account with a 2TB limit, uploading over a 5G internet connection from a Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. Two of three 2GB files uploaded just fine. The third hangs, with "1 [eternal] second to go." What gives, and how to correct this?

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?