cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upload has been stuck saying "1 sec left" for hours

huyness
Helpful | Level 6

I uploaded a 130mb file to dropbox with firefox v85 in incognito window and it worked twice successfully.

I then disabling my two addons - adblock and block sit, and uploaded the same file in a regular window and it was NOT successful.  The file is stuck at 1 second left. 

I uploaded the same file to dropbox in Safari and it was successful.  I have no extensions installed on safari.

Selbunils
New member | Level 2

man **bleep** dropbox, are you serious, i had to upload an important thing for a submition thing i had and it got stuck on 1 sec for 3 times in a row and i had to upload a worse edit than what i already had. What the **bleep** is that bull**bleep**.

EDIT:

I had to use CHROME? firefox does not work or what?

honestly. what the **bleep**. Dropbox.... get **bleep**ed

huyness
Helpful | Level 6

sooo any help here?  it's been months since ive had this issue and over a month since i last posted a reply and no one at dropbox has responded. i understand that everyone is busy and covid is really messing with everyones workload but this is an outstanding issue that Dropbox doesn't seem to care about since it only affects a handful of people

JTendy
Explorer | Level 4
No, I don’t want to rant, I don’t have time to rant. This is a service that I pay for. It is not up to me, nor should it be expected of me to research the cause of the problem. That’s why I pay a monthly fee.

Chris_J
Super User

It's apparent that the Dropbox team can't find the solution to this problem.  I know they like to but the recommendation they make is to use the Dropbox Client.  There are some workarounds but there seems to be no benefit to you guys.

I sympathize with you all.  I, too am a Paid user and just volunteer my time.

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

huyness
Helpful | Level 6

does anyone work at dropbox support because this problem still exists today. and it occurs 99% of the time whenever i try to upload a file to dropbox

Todd P.10
New member | Level 2

March 19, 2021

If this thread is years old, it says a LOT about Drop Box not doing anything about this frustrating issue, which I am experiencing yet again - as I do almost every time I use this service. And usually when I have a deadline due or overdue.

This time it took three tries. Sometimes it takes a second, sometimes many more.

I am trying upload a video that has a few edits to it, which is replacing the version I already deleted. I also deleted a few other videos from the same folder, so this is definitely NOT a size limitation thing nor is it a permissions thing.

It happens to me almost every time I am working on a project that requires me to upload videos for clients or artists to see and comment on during an on-going project.

This time showed the "details" for the second attempt, and watched it go all the way up. 10 minutes after it said "1 second" I cancelled and nothing had uploaded.

I really had to think twice about re-subscribing to the pay version, but really have no other choice right now.

AVatAP
New member | Level 2

I enjoy that you've stopped white-knighting for Dropbox, Chris, and are finally acknowledging this very common and widespread issue. How is this problem still a thing? It's been years at this point, and people are still finding this thread.

Just like dbox, you were dancing around saying the issue was maybe x, maybe y, who knows! Just like their "help page" which contains no actual help or solution for this.

Chris_J
Super User

while I not white-knighting for DBox, I have never proclaimed that I know all things. but usually, I am imparting what I have personally seen work and read thru the years.  I am a user mostly, and I also deal with computers and tech alot.  I do know that some bugs will continue onward, and I don't have much faith anyone will come up with an actual solution to this specific problem.  Theres too many variables and Dropbox and I agree that the best way to experience Dropbox is using their Desktop Client.  While I use a browser of course, I don't care to use it for storing and syncing files.  Its more cumbersome to drag and drop and using the client is set it and forget it.  It syncs and we don't have to worry about doing all the work for Dropbox.  I do also understand why many users have to use the browser.

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?