cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upload has been stuck saying "1 sec left" for hours

Chris_J
Super User
In your Setting (on the phone or iPad) look under Dropbox, make sure all permissions are enabled.

If you go to the Dropbox app under photo tab and scroll all the way up, if there’sa problem uploading it will tell you and tell you how to fix

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

huyness
Helpful | Level 7

1. i was using the dropbox website on safari on my ipad.

2. i was uploading files from my file folder on my ipad not my camera roll.

3. we appreciate your help but since you dont work for dropbox and you don't even know what i am talking about, please just let someone from dropbox answer.

whenever that happens.

cjones50
Explorer | Level 3

no problem

Chris_J
Super User

no problem

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Megan
Dropboxer
Hi @huyness!

When trying on a different browser as suggested, did you face any problems? 

If I were you, I'd also try to clear your Safari cache.

It's important to note, that you should be able to upload multiple files using the mobile app on your iPad. Here's how. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

osknows
New member | Level 2

Still broken after months of unreliable uploads. Stuck at 1 sec left.

huyness
Helpful | Level 7
You can upload multiple photos on the iPad app from the camera roll. You can not upload multiple photos from the file folders

rossmcm
Helpful | Level 5

Just wanted to share my recent experience with this.

I had a 13Gb video file (extension .MOV) which I was trying to upload via the browser interface.  The upload ran at a speed of 10 Mb/s and the time to complete counted down until it got stuck at 1 second to go.  The only choice available was to close the browser tab.  No trace of any file on the PC.  I tried twice again with the same result.

Then I removed the ampersand ("&") from the filename.

Success!

Not an exhaustive test but worth trying I think if you are experiencing issues, and you have possibly "unfriendly" characters in your filename.

Chris_J
Super User

Thank you rossmcm

Thank you for sharing your experience.  I am quite sure it would be very helpful for many

oliviafair
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox uses a block uploading system, it's not all of the file at once, so 4 chunks get uploaded, then another 4, ectect. it's a little slow, but it's how they spread out the files onto mulitple servers so from what I understand, not one file is exactly in one place, but pushed about in multiple places and then when you goto download them or sync them, they get brought to you as a completed file.

Need more support?