cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upload permission

Upload permission

Arpan07
Explorer | Level 4

It is as simple as that, I'm trying to upload certain previous employment documents e.g., exit letters, offer letters, salary slips, experience certificates, but everytime I get a pop up 'we do not have permission to read this file'. I don't understand this, these are not protected files and are simple PDFs. Moreover, exit letter of one organization is uploaded without error, however, the exit letter of a similar organization in the same format is showing error. I have granted the required permissions as well and there is no option available to go any further.

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Arpan07, thanks for posting today!

Are you seeing this error message on the mobile app, the desktop app, or the site itself?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Arpan07
Explorer | Level 4
Hi Jay, thanks for the reply. Though, I was seeing it on the mobile device but I guess I have found a way out now.
What I do is, the doc that I need to upload are mostly PDFs, so, when I open such doc, I get the option to open it (them) using dropbox itself. As, the doc opens with dropbox, by default it gives the option to add the opened doc into dropbox and with this way the warning doesn't appear!

Jay
Dropboxer
I'm happy to hear you've found a solution that helps you on this matter, @Arpan07!

Enjoy your week ahead!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?