cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading Error

Highlighted
Explorer | Level 4

Hello there, 

Recently me and my team is getting too much error while uploading file to dropbox folder. In the first attempt going smoothly but at the end without any reason few files not uploading and the amount like 8-10 files per folder. We are uploading more than 20 thousands file per day and recently getting this error. Why it's happening? 

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: Uploading Error

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Radoan, thanks for messaging the Community!

Could you clarify exactly what error message you're receiving when you hover over the Dropbox icon in the system tray/menu bar?

Are you instead uploading directly to the Dropbox site?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Well, we are uploading a large number of files every day and mostly by drag and drop to web browser folder. Everybody facing the same error of few amount files from a bulk quantity. Please check the ss and hope you will understand. 
Even when we move files from one folder to another mostly say can't move or don't appear any message just simply stay in the same folder. After multiple tries it moves. Image from iOS (2).jpg with very slow 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the image. Could you try switching browsers to see if this helps? 

Otherwise, use incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running, clearing your cache and even resetting your browser entirely. 

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hey, 
Thanks for your reply and tips. I have tried now incognito/private browsing mode and also other browsers. making the same error. Please check the ssDropbox error.png

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Is there always an error message when attempting to upload to the site, even when uploading a fewer number of images?

Jay

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I work with Radoan, who has brought this issue up.

The failures occur with a small number of uploads and a large number of uploads. We do notice less failed uploads when we only have 1 tab open trying to upload than when we have multiple dropbox tabs open trying to upload to each.

For insight, we have several photographers using the same login to upload to different folders each night. Each of them has at least 2 folders for each "job" they need to upload, and some have more than one job. We consistently see at least one failed upload when uploading over 20 photos in a folder.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Walkthrough Leadership, thanks for posting. It's possible that multiple tabs could be causing this issue.

Just so you're aware, sharing account credentials is not recommended fr security reasons, and is also a breach of the Dropbox Terms of Service, which could result in the account being terminated.

If multiple users are going to be uploading to the same account, it might be best to create a file request link, so that they can upload files that way to the account in question.

Jay

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?