cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading Photos and videos

Uploading Photos and videos

above69
Explorer | Level 4

I have an account of 2TB and I want to use it as centralised back-up for multiple devices (e.g. iPhones). I finally uploaded all my iPhone photos, it was painful as the process was stopping often, however with some diligence I got all my pictured backed up from my iPhone, questions are:

1. if I now delete the file from the iPhone how can I keep on dropbox as I need to empty the storage of the iPhone?

2. is there a way to delete automatically from iPhone when uploading on dropbox the oldest files (with some settings)

3. where the upload folder will be located in the dropbox?

4. if I start moving and reorganising from dropbox the files from the camera upload folder is dropbox re-uploading the ones missing the the upload folder?

5. if I have another iPhone how the folder is named to differentiate camera upload form iPhone 1 to iPhone 2?

6. in the folder called 'caricamenti da fotocamera' can I sort by size or type of file jpg vs mpeg

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Re: Uploading Photos and videos

Rich
Super User II

@above69 wrote:

1. if I now delete the file from the iPhone how can I keep on dropbox as I need to empty the storage of the iPhone?

As long as you're deleting them from your phone and not the Dropbox app, they won't be deleted from Dropbox.

2. is there a way to delete automatically from iPhone when uploading on dropbox the oldest files (with some settings)

No.

3. where the upload folder will be located in the dropbox?

If you're using the automatic camera uploads feature, photos and videos will be uploaded to the Camera Uploads folder.

4. if I start moving and reorganising from dropbox the files from the camera upload folder is dropbox re-uploading the ones missing the the upload folder?

No.

5. if I have another iPhone how the folder is named to differentiate camera upload form iPhone 1 to iPhone 2?

All devices upload to the same folder.

6. in the folder called 'caricamenti da fotocamera' can I sort by size or type of file jpg vs mpeg

There are options for sorting files on the Dropbox website and using the Explorer or Finder windows on your computer.

above69
Explorer | Level 4

thanks for the responses.

1. if I have another iPhone how the folder is named to differentiate camera upload form iPhone 1 to iPhone 2? how can I differentiate the folders from two different mobile phones?

2. can I sort by size? I didn't find in the browser

above69
Explorer | Level 4

one more questions:

why the name of the file is changing, when uploading from iPhone? Can I keep the name from the source?

Rich
Super User II

@above69 wrote:

1. if I have another iPhone how the folder is named to differentiate camera upload form iPhone 1 to iPhone 2? how can I differentiate the folders from two different mobile phones?

All devices will upload to the same Camera Uploads folder. There is no way to differentiate between the two.

2. can I sort by size? I didn't find in the browser

Hover your cursor over one of the column headers and you'll see an arrow that you can click on to change the header type. Size is one of the options.

why the name of the file is changing, when uploading from iPhone? Can I keep the name from the source?

Automatic Camera Uploads will always change the file name. This is by design and cannot be changed.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?